Saturday, February 3, 2018

Duolingo

Last spring I read about the language learning app, Duolingo, on another site and decided to check it out.  257 consecutive days later, I am still with it.  



It started with the basics - hiragana, individual characters.  You have the option of testing out of things you think you already know and you can always go back and practice sections when you want.  I'm learning vocabulary, grammar, and even some kanji.  I look forward to doing it every day, it's fun.  Here are a few examples:












I this one seemed appropriate!





If you are trying to learn a language, you might want to check out Duolingo.




9 comments:

D1-D2 said...

I love this app. I'm using it right now to learn Turkish and it's awesome. I haven't been using it as long as you have but it's going pretty good.
I'm learning so much I just hope I'm able to understand what everyone around me is saying when I get to Turkey :) What the app is really missing is a way to practice speaking words.

kiwikid said...

That looks impressive Pamela, our son is using that app to learn Spanish.

Jen L said...

Thanks - I will check it out!

Vireya said...

Just had a look at it but it doesn't have the language I've been learning, unfortunately.

rosey175 said...

I'm glad you're getting use out of duolingo! I had heard that it was not-so-great for Asian languages so they must have fixed it. I am currently using Lingodeer but it is not great for learning kanji (I learn by writing not just seeing, blah).

NADINE said...

How interesting ! I didn't know about this app. It sure looks like Worth a try... THANKS, Pam :D

XO Nadine

Pam said...

this is a great app! My husband used it to brush up on his German and my daughter to learn Norwegian. How great is it that you can use it to polish up your Japanese!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, Duolingo does Kanji now? It didn't at all when I checked it out some time ago and that's what drove me away, but I might give it another go!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Thank you!! I never heard of it, but I sure want to try it for Spanish!
xx, Carol