Friday, January 12, 2018

The Taxi Driver with the Shiba Inu

I love where I live! 


First, some background before the story.  Outside the main gate where I work is a taxi stand.  Usually there are four or five taxis waiting.  The drivers talk to each other and smoke cigarettes or sit in their cars reading the newspaper or poking at their phones. When I walk by they always smile and wave and we exchange greetings.  


Yesterday morning I was out for a walk and a small elderly man with a big smile on his face and a dog came running across a parking lot toward me.  I was the only person on the sidewalk so I knew he was coming to me.  He pointed to me and said Hitachi. He said he is now retired but was a taxi driver and remembered seeing me go to work. He told me where he lives, which is close to where I live and we talked about his cute little Shiba Inu.  He told me the dog is four years old. In English he told me "Japanese Dog".


This little encounter made my day.  People here are so friendly and so kind.  



This is a photo of a shiba inu I found on the internet, but it looks like the taxi driver's dog.

10 comments:

D1-D2 said...

I always found this breed of dog cute. They must be expensive in North America though.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela what a lovely story ,it seems like such a beautiful country to live in xx

Queeniepatch said...

Pamela you are a magnet! People are drawn to you and you will always find friends and a friendly person to help you.
Now you seem to be a dog magnet, too!

Vireya said...

That's very sweet.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It really only takes a smile on your face to let people know that you are open to a friendly encounter. I like that too. Most times here in the USA people don't have time to stop and chat. Usually the encounters happen while waiting in line somewhere. I think you must exude Cheerful, lol.
xx, Carol

Janie said...

Thanks for sharing that act of kindness, that warmed my heart and cheered me up!

diamondc said...

Hi Pamela: We had a dog that look like the one in your photo, it was called Japanese Akida, two of the dogs could kill a five hundred pound bear, I am not sure if they are from the same breed, but they sure look like they could be..
They are the most faithful dogs around, they shed in clumps, not sure if the dog in the photo does the same, they are very beautiful.

Blessings
Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

The people are awesome where you life, but they wouldn't remember you so well if you were not friendly and awesome as well :) I love Shiba Inus.

Leonore Winterer said...

Akita Inu and Shiba Inu are different breeds, while looking very much alike, the Shiba Inu is much smaller. I'm not sure how similar they are in behaviour though :)

Von said...

What a lovely story! And I agree with Leonore, people respond to your friendliness with friendliness.