Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Alphabet Club - N

The letter N catches me up with the rest of the group.  My Japanese word with the letter N is  Nihon, the word meaning "Japan". I will show some Japanese stitching techniques and a little Japanese stitching kit that I received as a gift, then stitched.  


Kogin 

This is a needlebook I finished.  


This is a bag I started and want to finish!


Sashiko - I've done a few sashiko table runners and such and have a few other projects ready to go.






Temari - I have two Temari that I've started but I think I need some help getting back to work on them.



This simple temari is from a class I took with Barbara Suess at the Japan Center at North Carolina State University in 2006.



Japanese stitching kit - this kit was a birthday gift from some Japanese friends, who know how much I like to stitch!  Since finishing it, it has hung in my apartment so I can think of them every time I look at it.



Linking up with Chiara at the Grey Tail.  Check out the posts of other Alphabet Club members!

7 comments:

Beth in IL said...

Love the sashiko. Have a few pieces in my basement to do.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela oh wow what beautiful work,i love them all xx

Janie said...

Great projects/handwork. Thanks for sharing, Pamela.

Queeniepatch said...

There are so many lovely things that represent Nihon (needlework) and you have made some beautiful items. Your sashiko stitches are so even, well done!

Manuela said...

Wonderful projects.

Brigitte said...

Such an interesting N post with great projects.

Kaisievic said...

Oh, such wonderful pieces, Pamela, my dear.