Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday Morning Star Count - A New Project

Yes, I'm still working on the quilt, little by little. 

I’ve started a new project, using smaller hexagons.  I think they are 15 mm.  The only size I’ve used before are the 26 mm.

 
These two things will be small coasters.  I’ve put the hexagons together and will applique a little leaf and stem to each one to make them look a little more like flowers, then back them with the pale yellow fabric.

Linking up with Jessica at Life Under Quilts.

4 comments:

Janie said...

Lovely colors and great work, will you hand quilt them? I read that most Japanese quilt makers, hand quilt. What do you know about that?

Queeniepatch said...

You have really got the Hexi-bug! The coasters are lovely.

Manuela said...

It looks beautiful. A coaster is good idea.

Greetings, Manuela

Wendy said...

lovely soft colors.