Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday Morning Star Count - 227

I’ve completed another bed length strip, making four! I'm not sure yet if I need five or six total.

 
I also put together this strip of three flower clumps.

 
For some reason that I can’t figure out, this strip doesn’t fit in with the other strips - ???


Is this some kind of geometry problem?  All of the flowers are seven hexagons, one in the middle surrounded by six. When I put these together, they are different.  Why don’t I just take the flowers apart from the bigger chunk, you ask?  I can’t do that because I have already removed the paper templates from the inside hexagons.  I’m not going to think too much about it, I’m just going to make this little strip into a table runner and try to make sure I don’t put together any other weird combinations.

This week I have also made five more flowers for a total of 227. 
 

2 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

How frustrating! It must be the angle. In the third picture you see the visible floorboards getting wider at the top. I guess the joint between the yellowish flower and the block in light blue with red spots on is 'off' one side. If you look at the centre pieces they are not in a straight line. What do you think?

Pamela said...

If I turn the strip over (wrong side up) it fits with the others. It has something to do with the angle that the flowers are put together.