Tuesday, November 12, 2013

First Snow and Weekend Stitching

The first stick to the ground snow has fallen and we are expecting more tomorrow.  I think winter is here.


I had a busy weekend – square dancing Friday, the Culture event in Yuni Saturday, the Branff Mountain Film Festival Sunday (I’ll write about that later this week), so I didn’t get a lot of stitching done.  I did carry along my hexagons and worked on them a bit (see yesterday's post).  I also made a yellow binding for the flat tree, following the tutorial on Molly Flanders Makerie.  I’ve pinned a small section to show you what it will look like.  I plan to get it stitched this week and to put a sleeve on the back so Ted will have it to hang in his office this December.




One of my former English students who was also on Ted’s Nature Watching trip to the US made each of us a little bag of cookies.  Ted ate his before I could take a photo, but here are mine. Thank you Ayumi!
bag says: Hello Kitty
Dressing up and relaxing at home is my hobby.

Kawaii desu!

1 comment:

Queeniepatch said...

The first snow is 'samuii desu' and Hello Kitty and her hobbies are 'kawaii desu'!