Saturday, March 2, 2013

Hardanger Ornament

In the US, I belonged to an alumnae chapter of my sorority that has an ornament exchange every December.  Each person brings a wrapped ornament and we pull numbers to determine the order of choosing the ornaments. Every person after the first has the choice of opening an ornament or choosing one that has already been opened that she likes, leaving that person to choose a new one.  Now that I’m in Japan, I’m not there to participate in the exchange. I made this hardanger ornament and sent it to my friend and sorority sister, Miranda, who reads my blog. 
(first two photos were taken before it was finished - just so you know)

Finished!
I had to wait until she received it to post the picture.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

I never managed to get one of your ornaments (always picked before your's came out and then didn't get stolen from), so I'm super excited that I now have one to put on my tree! :) Thanks so much!!

Pamela said...

I'm so glad you like it!

Margaret said...

It's a beautiful ornament Pamela. No wonder Miranda said she loved it.

Shami Immanuel said...

Beautiful ornament.

www.shamiatcraft.blogspot.com