Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sweater with Beaded Edge

I liked working on the beaded edge scissor set last week and was looking around for something else to try out the beaded edging on. With plain black Mill Hill beads, I did the front of this black sweater. At first I tried to get a flat edge, but to do that I had to space the beads and I didn’t like the gaps.  The ruffled look wasn’t what I anticipated, but I like it. Here are photos buttoned and unbuttoned.  The sweater color is actually black, but looks different/lighter in the photos. Also, please excuse the wrinkles that resulted from having it wadded up in my lap when I was stitching.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

What a great way to jazz up a plain knit cardigan. Looks great

Rhiannon said...

I love it! You did a wonderful job and the ruffled look turned out nicely :)