Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Snow Damage

All winter we’ve heard about and seen roofs on homes and businesses that have collapsed under the weight of the snow. Now that the snow is starting to melt, the other damage the snow caused is becoming apparent.  Here are some things I noticed while out for a walk a few days ago. This little fence goes around the university, even though we haven’t seen it all winter.

The snow compressed this garage so the door won’t close properly.


The roof on this glass porch is caved in.


The snow keeps people working here in Hokkaido. It has to be moved all winter, then the damage it causes has to be fixed.

Stitching update
I haven't been stitching so much this week, I've been reading on my iPod instead.  I have put a couple of lengths of thread in my sashiko piece and will post a new photo soon.

1 comment:

Sun City Stitcher said...

That is some intense snow!! I just gave you the Liebster award! Check out post about it today http://acoloradostitcher.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-award.html Maybe this will lead to some more followers?