Saturday, December 10, 2011

Welcome to my new home!

My name is Pamela and I have just moved to Japan.  I've never been to Japan, or anywhere in Asia, before.  I don't speak or read Japanese (yet), but I'm working on that.  My almost three month old husband accepted a position teaching at Hokkaido University of Education, and here we are.

I know some of our friends are wondering why, at this age, we would leave a comfortable existence in North Carolina to move to this unkown life.  I don't know that we can explain it so anyone else can understand, but I'll try.  We wanted something more than just the routine we were living.  Several friends died unexpectedly this past year when (we thought) they were way too young, and that started us thinking about whether what we had was all we wanted.

We expect this new chapter in our life to be an adventure, to push us to learn new things, to give us experiences that we couldn't know in North Carolina. This blog will be a journal for me, to record all the new things here.  It will also be a way for me to share my experiences.

1 comment:

J.S. Zhou said...

Congratulations! I wish I could go to Japan sometime!